Friday, June 3, 2011

Race, Race, Race Update!

Been a bit of a slacker on the updates.  I've run 3 races since I last posted! Quick update....



Run Ballantyne 5K (road race)

This was went pretty well, I was SO close to a new PR.  Alas it was not meant to be....maybe next time.   It was nice to get back to a road race after spending time on the trails.   Hills? Not when you compare them to the trails. Also the temps have been going way up so I finally switched to shorts.  Ah...the white white legs!  Don't I look determined?



Riverbound 10K (trail race)

This race kicked my butt.   I was so nervous at the beginning my trainer said I looked like I had one big stress ball around me.   I even blew off my buddy Tom during warmup.   I did not prepare enough and clearly after mile 4 of 6.2 I lost all steam.    I finished and I wasn't last but it clearly shook me up as the 15K is around the corner.  Speaking of the 15K I decided to go check out parts of the WhiteWater Center  trails I had not seen that were expected to be part of the 15K.   Below is Goat Hill. 



Run for Peace 5K (greenway/road/trail race)

First time at McAlpine Park.   I keep signing up for 5ks for two reasons 1) Ensure that I get mileage in on a Saturday 2) Keep my confidence up.   I was crushed after my RiverBound 10K.   I arrived last saturday far more calm and relaxed, looking forward to having a good time.   There was a bit of a misunderstanding at the beginning, I was hoping to run at 8am with they guys but they pulled me out and made me start at 8:30 with the rest of the women.  It had indicated on their website women could start at 8am but clearly something was lost in communication.   By 8:30 I had cooled down from the warm up I did with Tom (this time I didn't blow him off ;-0).  Again, I missed setting a new PR.   But hey there's always next time.

James and I took the pups to the park the next day.   McKinley and Sophie were still going strong but Gracie was adamant she had enough walking and was DONE.   Much like me after the 10K trail.   


 

No comments:

Post a Comment